December is just around the corner and along with chill breeze it also brings few skin problems. People experience dry and itchy skin. Since season is changing we need to change our cleanse-tone-moisturise routine and the diet accordingly. Therefore, going that extra step to pamper the skin with moisturisers and emollients is imperative. Following are few skin care tips for winters :
- Drink lots of water: To keep yourself and your skin hydrated throughout the day it is very important to drink lots of water during winters. Carry a bottle of water with you whenever you step outside.Retain your beauty from the inside out by drinking lots of water.
- Bathing Precautions: Make sure you are taking bath with lukewarm water only and not with very hot water and avoid long showers. Use moisturizing soaps to prevent your skin from getting dry. You can also opt for rich bath oil or moisturizing body cleanser. To get rid of external dryness and chaps, application of coconut oil prior to bathing can be helpful.
- Moisturise, moisturise and moisturise: Milk is an incredibly effective moisturizer, and it also works as a powerful exfoliant. Non clogging oils such as avocado oil, primrose oil and almond oil should be preferred Application of petroleum jelly on areas particularly affected with chaps and dryness happens to be one of the most effective options. Few homemade moisturizers can also be considered:
- Paste of ground gram and yogurt.
- Mix of honey and sugar
- Mix of milk lemon and olive oil
- Almond oil plus aloe Vera juice
- Glove up: To overcome flaking, chapping and itchy cracks, use cotton socks & gloves to have yourself adequately covered from the pinching chill of winter. It will create an occlusive barrier on skin to help lotions and creams soak in.
- Sunscreens: exposure to the sun can harm their skin in winter too. It would be better if you use sunscreens with high SPF and moisturizing content.
- Foot Care: Your heels are the driest part of your body and to avoid cracked heels they require some extra care during winters. Every night, soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes and pat dry. Apply Vaseline and wear socks. Do this at least thrice a week.
- Lip care: Chapped lips are so uncomfortable and most noticed. Use a lip balm with vitamin E and keep reapplying it throughout the day and night as well.
- Internal fitness: Needless to say healthy skin is the reflection of internal fitness. So to keep your skin healthy you need to keep yourself fit. Eat healthy, include all nutrients in your daily meals and exercise regularly.